CSCS, RKC, CK-FMS
Garrett Watson CSCS, RKC, CK-FMS
Garrett Watson is the Owner of Made Fitness and training center. After leaving Eastern Kentucky University in 2004 with a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice and a personal training certification, Garrett founded his fitness company G-FIT. G-FIT has been Garrett’s passion for the past 10 + years. MADE is now the culmination of all of the training, expertise and experiences that Garrett and his top-notch team have amassed together to bring our clients simply the best training experience in the Region.
At Eastern, Garrett served as the strength and conditioning coach of the EKU Rugby team for 2 years, where he had his first experience in sports specific training. Garrett began his career as a certified personal trainer, working with general population clients in local gyms, in homes, and in personal training studios.
All of Garrett’s past training experiences motivated him to expand his knowledge and credentials. As a result he earned his NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certification. The CSCS is established worldwide as one of the most respected fitness-related certifications. Garrett then began work with sports specific conditioning, coaching both individuals and teams. Garrett has had the opportunity to work with athletes of all levels, from 8-year-old soccer players to professional MMA Fighters. Garrett is also a level I CrossFit instructor and a RKC certified Kettlebell instructor. The CrossFit method of training is widely used by military personnel, police officers, fire fighters, combat sports competitors, and many other high-intensity athletes.
The RKC School of Strength offers hard-core training tools in a safe manner for tough-minded people who are looking for something that they cannot get out of most gyms. At the RKC we celebrate and cultivate toughness and perseverance for our athletes. Our style is Hard-Style Kettlebell training. If you are seeking the world’s premier resources for developing supreme ruggedness, durability and never-quit resilience, the RKC School of Strength and MADE Fitness is the place for you. Our classes and programs are not for everyone but everyone can be successful if they are willing to learn the necessary skills and rise to the challenge. Likewise we expect our clients and teammates to constantly elevate their fitness level, competency and knowledge.
Garrett has continued to learn in an ever-changing fitness industry through his pursuit of education and his own personal fitness journey. As a passionate martial arts practitioner and an amateur MMA fighter, he holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under world champion Helio Seneca, and is a Muay Thai student under the internationally recognized instructor Eric Haycraft. “I have had the pleasure of training under and with some of the best martial artists in the world.”
Fitness Specialist / Owner Philosophy
If you find that you are comparing yourself to others, you’re going about your training all wrong. Training is not always about becoming the biggest, strongest or most beautiful individual. It is my belief that training for success is about giving everything you have with whatever you’ve been given for as long as you can. Leave nothing to regret and make no excuses. Ask yourself, “Did I do the very best I could?”. If your answer is “Yes”, then you will be successful and pleased with yourself. My job is to guide you in achieving your full potential and to help you realize all your goals whether they are to improve sports performance or general health and fitness. I love what I do and I am dedicated to getting results for all my clients.
Education / Certifications
- B.S. Criminal Justice – Eastern Kentucky University
- (CSCS) National Strength and Conditioning Association: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- (RKC) – Russian Kettlebell Instructor (RKC School of Strength)
- Certified SPARQ trainer: (speed, agility, reaction and quickness)
- Cross Fit Level 1 instructor
- (CICS) Certified Indian Club Specialist
- (CK-FMS) Certified Kettlebell- Functional movement Specialist
- American Heart Association: CPR Certified
- Certified Spin Instructor
Experience / Specialties
- 10 years + of training and coaching experience
- 2 year strength and conditioning coach EKU Rugby
- 3 Years Kettlebell instructor at Core Combat Sports
- Former Strength and conditioning coach for Male High school and LSA soccer
- Experienced in working with general population, special population (cardiac rehab, diabetes etc.)
- Specialties include- Tactical Strength and Conditioning for Law enforcement, Military, and First responders)
- Performed training exercises with the US Navy SEALS, 101 Air Force Special Tactics Division, FBI, Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Team
- Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Black Belt (Helio Seneca)
- Military Combative training and Conditioning
- Muay Thai student under (Eric Haycraft) 8+
- Mixed Martial Arts sparring partner
- Mix Martial ARTS Competitor (Team Haycraft)
- 2007 NAGA Beginner Grappling champion
Additional Class Information
Our classes are scheduled on a simple rotation system, and are led by one of our talented instructors. To stay up-to-date with class information, or to learn more about registering for a class that interests you, please contact us.
1200 Truman Park Drive, Louisville, Ky. 40245
Phone: (502) 544 – 6336